As the holiday season approaches, Friends of Mongolia (FOM) is hoping we can count on the generosity of members and supporters like you to help provide used clothes, toys, and books for some children in need. For the past three years your generosity has kept children in Mongolia warm and happy during the coldest months of the year! Thank you!
Between now and Dec 15, 2012, in cooperation with the Washington, D.C. Area Mongolian Community Association (WAMCA) and the Mongolian Cultural Center (MCC), we will be collecting used clothes, books, and toys for orphans and other children in need in Mongolia.
This year’s donations will go to Anna Home: All for Children, an NGO in Choibalsan City, Dornod province. Dornod is in northeast Mongolia, and is a poor province with very high levels of poverty, alcoholism, and deaths due to preventable illnesses (i.e. TB and influenza). The children there often go without the basic necessities, including warm winter clothing, hats, and shoes.
Specifications: all donations are welcome, but please do not send items that are ripped, broken, or in a significant state of disrepair. Please send to us by December 15, 2012
Clothes and Hygiene Supplies
- Gently used/new clothes for children aged 6 months to18 years, either gender, for all seasons. (Mongolian winters are very cold!!) No large stains or tears/rips.
- New and unopened: shampoo, conditioner, combs, and brushes
- School bags and warm blankets are greatly appreciated!
- Gently used or new, in working condition, and with no missing parts please.
Books and School Supplies
- Books for any age, fiction, nonfiction, children’s books, coloring books, educational books, dictionaries.
- Unused coloring pencils, watercolor sets, markers, etc. are greatly appreciated!
Please send all items to the address below by December 1, 2012:
Friends of Mongolia
c/o Ariel Wyckoff
3701 5th Street South, #304
Arlington, VA 22204
Phone: (202) 294-6465, cell