Dear Friends of Mongolia Supporters,
Thank you for your generous support of Friends of Mongolia (FOM), which has worked to improve the lives of Mongolians.
“I had the privilege to sit in on interviews with our scholarship students. When I think about hardships that our scholars have faced, I am inspired by their spirit and tenacity. To these students, it is critical that Friends of Mongolia is here to provide for their education and give them the opportunities they deserve.”
– Shannon Moore, Co-Director Mongolia, Friends of Mongolia
Help us continue to make a difference in the lives of Mongolians! Your support of FOM has made possible some incredible accomplishments this year:
- 24 high-achieving Mongolian students from underserved countryside areas went to Mongolian universities thanks to FOM scholarships, given in partnership with the Girvin and Croft families
- We funded 9 community development projects through our small grants program, including:
- a successful business management, organization, and accounting training in Khovd province
- a community greenhouse, seed bank, trash-collection center, and library in Hovsgul province
- We fulfilled our mission to further cultural exchange through packed Tsagaan Sar and Naadam celebrations, happy hours, and Ambassador Addleton’s book launch
- We continued our partnership with the Mongolian School of the National Capital Area by raising over $1,500 to return students to represent Mongolian culture and perform at Middfest International
As 2013 draws to a close, we look ahead to 2014 and we need you to start the year strong with us!
Here are easy ways that you can be a Friend:
- Donate to our Holiday Fundraising Drive. A gift of just $500 can underwrite one semester of education for a Mongolian student, and every gift will help us reach our goal
The Board and officers have already raised $800 to help us beat last year’s goal of $3,000!
- Donate to our Fifth Annual Clothes, Toys, and Books Drive
Last year’s donations went to the NGO “Anna Home: All for Children” in Choibalsan, Dornod
- Become a member at any of our Special Membership Levels:
- $35 for Иргэн (Citizen)
- $50 for Гэр Бүл (Household)
- $100 for Сум (County)
- $250 for Нийслэл (Capital)
- $400 for Улс (Nation)
We need your continued support to help more people and to better engage and increase Friends of Mongolia members across the globe. All new and renewing members and donors at the $50 level or above will receive special recognition on the FOM website.
Your donation is tax-deductible, including memberships dues paid above the base $25 amount. To help now, give your year-end donation online, become a member by registering online, or send your donation to our mailing address.
On behalf of those we serve, thank you for your continued support!
Friends of Mongolia