Dear Friends of Mongolia Supporters,
Thank you, or as we say in Mongolia баярлалаа, for your generous support of Friends of Mongolia (FOM) this year, which has worked to improve the lives of Mongolians and facilitate cross-cultural understanding.
Your support of FOM has helped us to accomplish many things in 2014, including:
- Renewing scholarships for an amazing sixteen students and funding scholarships for two new students, with all students coming from rural areas and having a demonstrated financial need.
- Holding and connecting members to important cross-cultural exchange events, including a discussion with the former Director of the World Bank mission in Ulaanbaatar, an opportunity to have tea with Sumo wrestler Ruyo Noboru–Sachirbold Erhem-Ochir, and Naadam celebrations on the East and West coasts.
Looking forward to next year, we will not just continue these activities; we will work to expand our impact even further. We need to you start the year strong with us to make this happen.
Our goal for 2015 is to raise $10,000. Your continued Friendship will send a student to college, fund a community based project, or promote cultural exchange and shared understanding. Friends of Mongolia is operated by officers who serve on a volunteer basis, and your donation will go directly to supporting these important projects.
“When I got the news that I was selected to receive a scholarship, my mom burst into tears, and she wished all of you supporters the best of everything in life.”
– Lkhagvasuren, Zavkhan Aimag
Today, you can promote friendship with Mongolia and help students like Lkhagvasuren:
- Donate online
- Become a member or renew your membership by registering online
- Send your donation to our mailing address
- Our generous donors this year will be featured on our website and will be sent gifts featuring photographic scenes of Mongolia (quantities are limited, so donate today!):
- Donation of $50: 2-pack of greeting cards
- Donation of $100: 5×7 matted print and a 4-pack of greeting cards
- Donation of $150: 8×10 matted print and a 4-pack of greeting cards
- Donation of $500 or more: Large framed photograph or canvas print
Thank you very much for your continued support. On behalf of everyone at Friends of Mongolia, I wish you a joyful holiday season!
Friends of Mongolia