The primary responsibilities of the Communications Coordinator as described in the FOM bylaws are as follows:
The Communications Coordinator shall be responsible for administrative matters of the organization including correspondence with members and public relations.
The Communications Coordinator in practice has two primary roles: to see that communications are produced, and to ensure that FOM has the appropriate communications tools. The Coordinator can have one or more people assisting with these roles to make a communications team.
The Communication Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Supervise the production and dissemination of information to FOM members and stakeholders about the organization’s activities
- Produce content for the FOM website, e-mails, and newsletters, as well as editing content provided by officers, board members, and other stakeholders
- Maintaining the Friends of Mongolia website
- Managing internal communications; e.g., e-mail accounts and conference calls
- Putting together the bi-annual FOM newsletter for distribution to all FOM members (published in April and October)
- Composing update emails for members as needed
- Conducting public relations and general communication activities with members and the public
- Guarantee that the organization has the tools to effectively communicate both externally and internally
The Membership Coordinator will work closely with Communications to make sure that distribution lists are accurate.